Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Compare/Contrast Vs. Analyzing Using the Modes

I find Compare and contrast an easy way to write a 10 page paper because I can find a lot of different factors. Compare and contrast is used to show the difference and similarities in a topic. Use compare/contrast to define something and explain how alike or different something is. Compare/contrast is probably what I will use for my research paper.

However, using Analyzing Using the modes is great because it uses compare/contrast and cause/effect modes. This is a great mode to use because it helps incorporate different modes into one paper. This mode breaks down into two different writing styles argumentative and description. This mode explains how to write your paper and has a outline to how and what content should go into the paper.
To find a great website for these and other great modes click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Steph,

    I chose the same style mode as you did. I actually have already written my research paper draft, and used this style. I like the flow of a compare/contrast essay because it does not seem so biased (even though it may be).

    Michael

    ReplyDelete