Saturday, April 4, 2009

Extra Credit Lecture


At last nights lecture I thought that's exactly what it was until there was a musical number by Nancy Allred and Paul. It was so beautiful and the piece almost put me to sleep not just because it was 8 o' clock at night but because the piece was so soothing. Then half way through the musical performance it started to pick up and that made me want to wake up and listen. After the musical number there was a very funny man named Mr. Snow who introduced the speaker and his wife (who didn't give a speech). This professor is from Cambridge University in the UK. He spoke very well and kept the audience laughing and interested in what he had to say. My favorite part of the lecture was when he quoted Galileo and said that he said that, "when you learn from the stars you learn about society." Professor showed pictures of the campus and talked about the many adventure that he had with the professors from Dixie State, and hopes that they can do it again someday. He looks forward to having students from Dixie and be able to see the intelligence from the U.S. come to Cambridge. I really enjoyed last nights lecture and I hope I am able to see this speaker again, even though I forgot his name, but I can always find out later. ;)


1 comment:

  1. This lecture took a little while to get into gear didn't it. I actually really enjoyed the music, but at the same time I was like come on Im here for a lecture not the orchestra. Dr. Mosley was the name of the professor from cambridge, and he was a really good speaker, quick wit, good humor, well spoken. I really enjoyed his lecture, and I like the quotes you brought up from it. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete